Fun and Effective Summer Exercise Ideas05/31/2018 06:00AM | 894 views
BY Mark Dilworth
Summer exercises can be fun, challenging and effective at the same time! Summer is a change-of-pace for most people. You can also change up your exercise routine to fit your summer schedule. There’s no need to leave exercise behind. You can still exercise and do everything you need to do this summer! Just be a little creative.
So, here's some summer exercise tips for you:
1. First, go outside and exercise! Get off the cardio machines and enjoy the fresh air. Have fun this summer with your cardio! Get off the machines, be creative and keep burning body fat. Get your doctor's clearance if you've been inactive for a while. The summer heat can be dangerous.
2. You still should set realistic goals for the summer such as restarting your active lifestyle, burning body fat (losing inches) or losing one to two pounds a week.
3. Start your summer exercise today with a 30-minute walk. Do this walk every day, somewhere, at some point (outdoors). You can break it up into three 10-minute walks if you want.
4. Get an exercise buddy to make it more fun.
5. Choose a 20-minute cardio routine or sport that you like such as biking, jogging, tennis, soccer, swimming, rock climbing, basketball, flag football, etc. Do this fun cardio three days a week.
6. Begin doing a 20-minute bodyweight strength exercise workout. You need to build muscle in order to burn fat and speed up your metabolism. Do your bodyweight exercise routine three days a week.
7. Schedule some fun activities each week such as a hike, bowling, water polo or a walk at the lake. If you do something like this more than once a week, that's even better. The purpose is to stay active with enjoyable activities.
8. Keep your jump rope with you at all times. Jump rope 10-15 minutes every day.
9. So, you think you can dance? Even if you can’t, dancing is fun and burns tons of calories. And, music makes exercise more fun!
10. If you like the water, try water skiing, wakeboarding or just swim.
11. Golf anyone? A round of golf is a great full body exercise.
12. Organize a weekly neighborhood volleyball or kickball game. Everybody likes volleyball/kickball and its easy and fun!
13. Try a charity walk or run. I did the March of Dimes 5K walk this year. You will feel good about helping others and your body gets the exercise.
14. Yardwork or gardening are great exercise options. Plus, you're getting something else done while exercising.
15. Start exercising or playing active games as a family. This is a great way to have fun and stay fit together.
16. Do full-body exercises with a medicine ball. Medicine ball exercises are naturally fun and demanding at the same time.
17. Play frisbee for 30 minutes with a partner. You'll be surprised how much you run, jump and throw.
18. Exercise during your kid's practices. Why sit around for one to two hours watching kids practice? Take advantage of the time and walk or jog.
19. Walk or bike to the store a few blocks away instead of driving.
20. Exercise at your hotel while on vacation.
Take care this summer, have fun and keep exercising!